Acebook is a very valuable communications tool for Bishopstown Tennis Club members.
Going forward we hope to make much better use of it’s features allowing us to communicate more efficiently with our members.
The following are various ways in which Acebook allows the BLTC committee to communicate with registered Acebook users:
· E-mails – please ensure you have the ‘I would like to receive club info’ option selected in your profile.
· Dashboard (l.h.s. of screen) – allows messages and news to be displayed on a rolling basis, i.e. upcoming club social events, etc.
· View Documents – tournament application forms, captains notices, posters, single’s ladder, etc. can all be viewed and downloaded here.
· Sponsored adverts – if you are interested in advertising on Acebook please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
· You Tube Videos
All of the above features can be accessed from your own computers, laptops, smart phones, tablets etc. making communication easy and efficient, allowing you access to important Club Information at the press a button from home, work, holidays, etc.
2014 - A Successful Year for BLTC Junior Tennis Academy
This has been a momentous year for Bishopstown Junior Tennis Academy. There were many highlights this year - the most memorable being the achievements of Paul Hartnett and Daniel Moloney at the Irish Junior Championships in Fitzwilliam.
Daniel Moloney won the boys doubles u18 in Fitzwilliam and also won every Junior premier competition in Munster this Summer. From an early age you could see that Daniel had ability but what set him apart from the rest was his amazing work ethic and his unrelenting desire to succeed. Hail, rain or snow you would find Daniel out on court giving it 100%. Daniel is everything you'd want in a tennis player and more. He is a credit to his club, peers, coach and most importantly to his parents Caroline and Ger. I've been a coach for a long time and it is very difficult, if not impossible, to find players with his talent, ability but most importantly character. Daniel has a great all court game, mental resolve and I have yet to see a better volleyer in all my years in tennis. I would put all this down to his mentor and great coach Cian Blake. From everyone on the Junior/ Senior committee, players, members, parents we salute you on your achievements in 2014 and wish you all the best in 2015.
Paul Hartnett also has had a momentous 2014. In Fitzwilliam, Paul was narrowly defeated in the boys singles semi finals, to the eventual winner, having been 2 points away from winning. He brushed that defeat aside and went on to win the boys doubles. I have worked with Paul over the last 5/6 years in various squads and as a hitting partner. Usually it is the coach that dictates the pace and intensity of the session but Paul is one of those golden nuggets, that come along every so often, who was the one to dictate all the sessions. Paul's immense mental strength, work ethic and determination to win are second to none. Never once in 6 years did I hear him complain or give up during training and this is a rarity at this age. On behalf of myself, the committee and all members of BLTC we congratulate not only Paul but his entire family for this achievement. Well done!
Daniel Moloney and Paul Hartnett winners of the 2014 boys u18 and u12 doubles respectively at the Fitzwilliam Junior Lawn Tennis Championships
Memorial Cup 2014
Chairperson John Shiel and Captain Mary Donnelly presented the Memorial Cup to the winners Paula Mullane and Denis Staunton, flanked by the runners-up Helen Farragher and James Fitton. Congratulations to the winners and runner ups and thanks to everybody that turned up for an enjoyable afternoon of tennis on St. Patrick's Day.
2013 Senior Doubles Open
We had a fantastic turnout this year with no less than 355 players.Thanks to everyone that took part, helped organise and came along to the open this year. It was a great week with one of the biggest entries we ever had. Well done to all the finalists please see the results here. Also a huge thanks to Keary's Hyundai for sponsoring our event. We hope to see everyone back competing again next year. In the meantime here are some pictures from this years event.
ACEBOOK our new ONLINE COURT BOOKING SYSTEM - SIMPLE, SECURE, RELIABLE
ALL BLTC members must register in Acebook our 'Online Court Booking System'.
1. Online booking or cancellation of courts at your fingertips (24/7), with email confirmation.
2. The convenience of being able to book a court from the comfort of your own home or while on the go.
3. Find a player: enables members to find a player based on level and on availability.
4. Daily or Weekly view of booking page.
5. Access to club rules regarding reservation and play, at all times.
6. Dashboard display of latest Club News, messages and Club Competitions and Events etc.
7. A quick way of communicating with members via e-mail regarding important club news, meetings and updates etc.
To get started:
* you must first register as a member on Acebook
* Simply go on to the clubs website www.bishopstownlawntennisclub.com and click on the link ‘Book A Court’ on the homepage.
* Click on ‘Register’ and complete the online registration form.
IMPORTANT: Every member MUST register in order to be able to ‘book a court’ or ‘play with others’.